Hello BoxCryptor users,
today we are happy to announce the final version of BoxCryptor for Mac 1.1. This version brings big under the hood changes, most notably the replacement of EncFS with our own BoxCryptorFS and lots of other cool features as follows:
* BoxCryptorFS replaces Encfs
* Support for editing existing volumes
* Support for "Retina" Macs
* Application-wide support for system standard shortcuts (CMD+C / CMD+V / CMD+W and other)
* Detect if Finder shows "Connected Servers" on desktop and disable alias creation
* Various UI and usability improvements/fixes including:
- Updated artwork
- Updated main menu
- New contextual menu in Preferences (Advanced mode), when right clicking on a volume
Minimum system requirements:
* Mac with 64bit Intel CPU
* Mac OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard
* OSXFUSE 2.5.4 (automatically installed by the BoxCryptor Installer)
As always, we would be very happy to get feedback from you, like, what do you think about this new version, what new features would you like to have or anything else you want to share with us.
Thank you everybody for using BoxCryptor, stay tuned for more great features coming in the near future.
Adrian @ BoxCryptor Team.