We haven't updated our Android app for some time, but this ends today. In the background we have worked alot on BoxCryptor for Android and I'm happy to provide you with a release candidate for version 1.4 which we will then push to the Google Play Store within the next days. Besides big changes in the in the architecture and code itself we added a file previewer, support for even more cloud storage providers and also German language support. Here's the full list of changes:
* Added: Support for more storage providers
- Yandex Disk
- In general, better WebDAV support (e.g. use of custom SSL certificates)
* Added: Support for external storage of devices (e.g. usb sticks)
* Added: File Previewer to view files directly within the BoxCryptor app without having to use external viewer apps. Swiping through images, slideshows and other features are working.
* Added: Option to hide dot files
* Added: German language
* Modified: Upgraded to the latest Dropbox, Google Drive and SkyDrive SDKs
* Fixed: Various smaller bugs
You can download BoxCryptor for Android v1.4 RC here:
We hope you like this release and appreciate any feedback on it before we release it in the Play Store.