I formerly used FolderSync Pro to schedule regular backups of selected content from my mobile devices to Dropbox. The destination folder on Dropbox was excluded from syncing to my laptop/desktop so that the backup only existed in the cloud (primarily for space saving on the desktop).
Now that I use Boxcryptor and have encrypted the destination backup folders this is no longer possible. To workaround this I have reverted to enabling desktop sync for the destination backup folder and then use Bittorrent Sync to sync content from my phone and tablet to my desktop so that it is then encrypted and synced to Dropbox.
A perfect solution would be for the the Boxcryptor Android App (and other mobile apps) to include a scheduler so that I can create several backup (upload) profiles to upload content from my phone and tablet to encrypted folders via the Boxcrypter app.
I'd imagine that such an app would, at a base level, allow:
- selection of simple time triggers
- selection of which cloud service to use
- source file/folder/sub-folder selection
- destination folder selection
- overwrite or skip existing options
- ability to preselect 'encrypt these files' or 'do not encrypt these files' i.e. if the destination folder is not encrypted
Do you think this
a) is this something other users would be interested in / benefit from?
b) is something the Boxcryptor team think would be feasible to implement?