I am testing out boxcryptor and trying to use local acocunts since I don't want my keys on any server. However I am having a hard time figuring out how to setup it correctly with a paid version
I am using boxcryptor portable 2.1.407.154 as I am on Linux
I have tried the following
1. Start portable'
2. Click the 3 "..."
3. setup a local account and generate a key
4. Sign using the local account (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Now I can only add one provider as I have only got the "Local Free" license which in itself is as expected but I cannot seem to figure out how to upgrade it. Clicking upgrade takes me to a login page asking for boxcryptor account which I don't have
I have also tried the following scenario
1. Start portable
2.Click create a
3 type in my details
4. click ... and select setup new account
5. I am returned to the account creation page and now the logo says boxcryptor local
6. Create the account
Now i am able to login to my account, but clicking export keys I see there are keys stored at boxcryptor which is not what I wanted also the password I used to decrypt the files is the password of the boxcryptor account not the password of the keyfile generated in step 4.
This means that the key used to decrypt is the one stored on boxcryptor, not the one stored locally.
1. How do I correctly setup a local account using a local key file with a paid version of boxcryptor (both portable and native)?
2. If workflow 2 used above is the way to do it, how do I remove the keys from the boxcryptor servers?