I have a probelm with synchronisation of my folder on my mac to dropbox where it should get encrypted by Boxcryptor.
Here is the setting:
- I copied the folder to dropbox an encrypted it. Everything's fine so long.
- when I let the sync-software (sync folders pro) sync changes in the folder on the mac to the dropbox folder, the documents don't get encrypted.
I was searching for the root cause for the problem, and found this:
- if I copy a file to the decrypted dropbox folder via the dropbox in finder, no encryption happens
- if I copy a file to the decrypted dropbox folder via the Boxcryptor folder on my desktop or the Boxcryptor virtual hard drive, the file get's properly encrypted
- problem is the sync tool can't use either the Boxcryptor folder on my desktop or the Boxcryptor virtual hard drive! It seems both isn't a proper file path for the software.
Does anyone has similar problems or a running sync and encryption workflow.
Thanks for help!