I have multiple my own personal devices login with Boxcryptor - my iphone, 2 pc and a laptop.
Let us call my desktop PC "Device 1" and my laptop "Device 2"
I have Google Drive File Stream. Boxcryptor would add the Google Drive File Stream to it location X: > Google File Stream > My Drive
The problem is trying to open microsoft office files across multiple devices in Boxcryptor.
Let us say:
- I create a word document (let us call it "frustrated.docx") on Device 1 in Boxcryptor > Google File Stream > My Drive
- When I try to open the word document "frustrated.docx" on Device 2, it would pop up a message: "We're sorry. We can't open "frustrated.docx" because we found a problem with its content."
- I then click "OK", then it would state "Word found unreadable content in "frustrated.docx". do you want to recover the contents of this document? if you trust the source of this document, click yes"
- If I click yes, it would create a new document with the content from frustrated.docx.
Same thing as excel
- when I try to open with other device, it would display "we found a problem with some content in "xxx.xlsx". Do you want us to try to recover as much as we can? if you trust the source of this workbook, click yes"
- after i click yes, it would display the excel with a message "Excel was able to open the file by repairing or removing the unreadable content"
- i click on view log file listing repair and it display this message: "
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="true"?>
<recoveryLog xmlns="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/spreadsheetml/2006/main"><logFileName>error121360_01.xml</logFileName><summary>Errors were detected in file 'X:\Google Drive File Stream\My Drive\testing 22 sync issues\testing 2.xlsx'</summary><additionalInfo><info>Excel completed file level validation and repair. Some parts of this workbook may have been repaired or discarded.</info></additionalInfo></recoveryLog"
- it appears to be the only problems with microsoft office files (microsoft words, excels etc..).
- only docs or excel with content in it (any content). if there is no content, just a file with name. then there doesn't seem to be a problem.
- there is no problem opening pdf, pictures and other file types on a different device
- I try on 3 devices (PC and laptop). all seem to have this problem. All on window 10. My phone does not seem to have problems.
- I try to test on Google File Stream only (without Boxcryptor), there is no problem opening the files on multiple devices
- sometimes, I would try to open a few times without selecting recovery, it would open the file.