Hello, I've some files I encrypted a few years ago and that have been left alone since.
When I got the news of boxcryptor closing down, I
1) opened the client which I hadn't opened in months (I think maybe ever in this computr) and tried to decrypt. I got a message telling me to "disable my macs startup security utility" or something. I found no help on the docs,
2) but figured there was a newer version and downloaded + installed it.
3) When I finally was able to open the app, I signed in.
4) I then opened my dropbox, found the files and clicked then (like I always did to decrypt), but I get the following message "You are currently logged in as Daniel XXXX (XXXXXX@Gmail.com). Please sign out first to open a new local account."
5) I then sign out and then double click my file. Now it asks me for a password. I enter the only I have (my boxcryptor pw), and it logs me in. Now, when I double the file again, it gives me the same message as step 4)...
I dont know what to do anymore. The files have lived on my dropbox since they were encrypted, but somehow, now I have to use a local account to unlock it?